Why Upgrade to Synthetic Oil?
Why is synthetic oil better? Compared to regular oil, synthetic oil has many advantages:
- Better low- and high-temperature viscosity performance at service temperature extremes.
- Better viscosity index (VI).
- Better chemical and shear stability.
- Decreased evaporative loss.
- Resistance to oxidation, thermal breakdown, and oil sludge problems.
- Possibility to extended drain intervals, with the environmental benefit of less used oil waste generated.
- Improved fuel economy in certain engine configurations.
- Better lubrication during extreme cold weather starts.
- Possibly a longer engine life.
- Superior protection against “ash” and other deposit formation in engine hot spots (in particular in turbochargers and superchargers) for less oil burn-off and reduced chances of damaging oil passageway clogging.
- Increased horsepower and torque due to less initial drag on engine.
- Improved Fuel Economy.
Just getting an Oil Change? Call us at 952-333-4123!